Sunday, September 14, 2008

Baby Gifts

My husband found the USB cord for my camera, so I have some crochet project pictures to show.

First is a dress I crocheted for
Katrina for her new baby. The pattern is the Lacy Baby Frock from the July/August issue of Crochet Today. It's a 6-12 month size. I used a G hook, and some Red Heart Hula yarn from my stash. It's such pretty yarn, but so hard to crochet with because the colored strand comes loose easily, and the yarn tends to unravel. The pattern was really easy though - I finished the dress is a little over a day.
The second is a hat and poncho for my 8 month old niece, Jenna. I used some stash Cotton Ease in Candy Blue, an H hook for the hat, and a J for the poncho. The pattern is a free one from Luv to Crochet.

Here's Jenna with her mom, my sister-in-law, Gehan. Now, I know I'm probably naturally biased because I'm her aunt, but I think Jenna is just an adorable baby!

Well, I have to get going to bed, because I have to go work tomorrow. Wow, that feels weird to be writing that, after being out of work for so long!

5 comments:

Bezzie said...

I love those little dresses--once the kid gets bigger they make cute tops!

Crafty Christina said...

Adorable! I love the color yarn you used!

Lesalicious said...

I love your latest projects great job on the dress cute and the poncho so cute.:)

The Bookworm said...

oh sooo cute!!! love the crochet, and the colors you used are great.
I printed out the lacy poncho pattern, thanks for the link.
http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/

Carmell said...

Yeah!! i'm so glad you found a job! good for you!

Jenna is a cute and so are the gifts! my middle name is Jenna except mine starts with a G!